Thursday 15 July 2010

Endangered Species

Does anyone find the steep difference in the fruits earned by those who manually toil for them, and those who mentally work for them, hard to digest? Does it prick the conscience of anyone? That a man who physically exerts himself against his ability, health, the man who continues to work in conditions that seems insane to the normal mind... Does he get his due? How does one measure this amount due? How does one justify the money that people make whilst working in pristine conditions, from the comforts beyond imaginable to this hard worker aforementioned, as they put their mental faculties to work... as their physical bodies remain mostly at rest in a cushioned chair or its like, with a person to make sure beverage of some sort or another is available handy/in reach.

Is there a system that decides who gets what and how much of it and why?
Where is the justice, the balance, the sanity?

I need to think before each bite I take of my food, about how hard someone works for a morsel of the amount that I am about to put in my mouth, without a thought to be followed by a gorging amount of some more's, and still yet not being satisfied.

Irony.

Imbalance of humanity that is seemingly becoming an endangered species...

5 comments:

Prateek said...

A thought provoking post. Yes, there is actually no way to determine the price of one's labours (mental or physical). The sweepers in India are the least paid and see how important their work is.

Hayaah said...

I feel the hardest kind of work is actually humbling in a way like no other too...

Perhaps I (and all who seem to agree with this) are just wired differently from those who simply DO NOT see this issue the same way?

Anyhoo, thanx very much for taking the time to read and comment... Appreciate it :)

Saibal Barman said...

Maybe, imbalance is the essence of humanity..as peace is...in churning process...with tumults of conflicts of images..inside me...outside me...a mask of mine...another mask upon a mask...all rush in to see what's on...the moon came out..the sun came out..Airavat came out...even the divine nectar and the venom came out..someone took something...then came out humanity...none was a taker ! The man turns into his mask...the mask into a man...and...the rest follows alike what Orwell thought of Animal Farm...
"The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which"...
It is no irony...humanity was born to be dead and to be dead to live forever as an image of what never existed...sheer impressionism indeed !!
Excellent mirror where I could see my long forgotten face again !
Take care, my dear friend !

AA said...

Hayaah, keep writing, keep reflecting.
Interesting comment from Saibal there. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Hayaah said...

Saibal Jee: Yet again, your comment has me immersing myself into its folds to try and fathom how it is that your mind interprets and intercedes its thoughts forth thus. The last bit about humanity being born to be dead and to be dead to live... has me deep in thought... almost whole heartedly falling in sync with how you believe it to be... Thanx for keeping my mind busy with your comments! REALLY look forward to them...

Maria: Thanx much... and Ive already signed up on that website... Ive just been too busy to experiment on their and find my footing around as yet :)

TNT: My dear dear lady! Lovely to hear from you after so long! InshaAllah, I do keep reflecting, for I feel it keeps me real... and so long as I do... continue to write I shall too, be it after some breaks... It keeps me sane :)