Saturday 22 December 2012

When Thank You Is Not Enough...

*I’ve blurred out our names in the picture, for we both know who we are J



I live in Saudi Arabia.

I deeply admire her words; her writing, her talks – I always made fervent attempts to ensure that I didn't miss any webinar or a radio talk that was being held somewhere in the world, which I could only be a part of through the internet. I keep her words in my ipod, to help raise my spirits every time they go on a downward spiral – in order to help me sleep. When she came out with her book, one of my most earnest wishes was to one day be able to read it and own it. But, she lived in the United States of America, and her book was selling only in some parts of the world – mine not being one of them.

We plan, and Allah too Plans, and He (swt) is the Best of Planners…

One of my oldest friend’s, who lives all the way in Birmingham, bought me a copy when she bought one for herself. This was sometime in September 2012. Because of unreliable posts in my parts of the world, the book remained in Birmingham – until my friend decided to send it to me through my sister who had just joined University in the UK in October 2012, and happened to be returning for the holidays so soon because of some official documentations that required her presence back in Saudi Arabia. Somewhere in between the book being bought and my sister returning, this inspirational lady planned a visit to Birmingham – not too far away from my friends’ residence that too – where said friend got to meet her – AND – get my book signed by her, thereby not just sending me a book I so dearly wished to own and read, but also getting it signed by the admired author herself!

SubhaanAllah!

And so, I cannot put into words a thanks that would suffice – to my friend for her beautiful heart, and for such beautiful gestures that remind you of Allah, Who (swt) plans beyond your imagination. It’s people, like my friend, who make cliches come true – for friends and sisters like so are indeed stars that shine in our lives; Alhumdulillah.

And so I say, we plan [must buy book – must read book].

And Allah too Plans [He (swt) gets me the book]

And He (swt) is the Best of Planners [Friend in Birmingham buys book – Sr. Yasmin Mogahed, who lives in America, plans a trip to Birmingham close to friends’ house – Friend gets book signed by her in Birmingham, and sends it to me in Saudi Arabia]

SubhaanAllah!!!



No comments: