Saturday 10 February 2001

What is love?

...............................................................................................

I wrote this bit in 3 go's, date and time are sketchy...

...............................................................................................


What is love?
It's a feeling felt with in
so deeply comprehended
An emotion felt world wide
and yet still so unique
What's felt by one is
totally different from the next
And yet still so beautiful
So truely it is felt!
Sometimes it lifts your heart and flies,
up between the clouds,
their feathery softness
cucoons you with in.
This is what love decrees
This is how love feels.
Sometimes it overwhelms you
and sometimes you lose yourself with in.
It's folds enclose you,
and yet you don't feel captured,
and you don't feel confined.
Love is an emotion
so utterly beautiful
that words just don't
make it complete.
I try and yet
I fall amongst the rest,
who have similarly tried the test.
Futile is a name
it must never be given,
it's an emotion that's sacred,
not a crime to be forgiven.
It's an emotion to be
felt and held,
sensitively and feelingly beheld.
It's fires are too sharp
to be defined,
too fierce to be burnt down.
It soars higher and higher,
It has no heights, big or small,
no limits that
it may be categorised,
no lengths in which
to be measured.
It's a feeling which
I deeply treasure,
A feeling which
comes up to no measure.
A feeling, my feeling!
My secret, my own!
That I'll keep locked up
in my heart forever
never to be foretold!
I'll never be loved
I'll always be in the cold.
The chill in my heart
will never be brocken,
will never be softened,
will never know how it feels,
to be lovingly melted and held.
My heart will always be lonely,
will always keep starving
for warmth to seep in through,
to stop the bleeding,
to start the healing,
to respond to my feelings,
to the love that lies in,
deep with in my soul and heart,
to the love that I keep
locked in from the very start.

No comments: