Saturday 11 September 2010

Severed Friendship

Curiosity got the best of me
As I in search of you, set off to see
Whatever nimble fingers could find
By clicking pages on a surfing webbed line
Perhaps a recent picture of you?
Remembered from a time bygone
Perhaps a picture of those two;
Your mister boo, a tiny new you?
I heard of her from those who stayed
In your life from then on till today
They spoke of you and they asked me why
We knew not of each others lives?
In a quiet conversation with my self
My heart began to visit that day again
When asked I was to stay away from you then
With shocked emotions I had thus reacted
With time I'd convinced myself to become placid
And so I had kept myself away from you; his wife
A friend so dear I had lost to his fright
Her lies, her fears, her weakness, her woes
Had made a joke of my honest support
My prayers uncountable for them that I had pleaded
Had been called blasphemy, and to hell I had been bid
Thereby quiet in solitude I chose to remain
If husband and wife felt this lie was their gain
Then contest I would not their heinous claim
Yes I had been hurt, but so be it,
Leave you to live in denial I would
And myself refrain from calling you a liar
The truth of my seemingly futile defense
I pray would not become the bane of your pretense
Today to see your daughter my heart may pine
I'll hear her laughter in my memories of you, albeit confined
Deep in the recesses of my heart of yesterday
I'll peek therein to find some of her in your youth
Pray for your well being I shall always continue
For it was only in human weakness
That I let my curiosity go look for you
On seeing a glance of your happy life
My fingers in writing began to construe
A reminisced journey from then unto now
And realised I thus in lieu:
Love you still I do to this day
In denial I too shall quietly stay
The promise I made, I will still keep
I'll tell you not that I miss you sweet
As The Lord is my witness
My prayer for you will always be
That may the lives of you two be replete
With happiness and blessings unto eternity.
 


InshaAllah...
Ameen!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can soooo relate to this!

Hayaah said...

Uncanny that anyone would!

But thanx for stopping by and sharing your reaction...

Its interesting how something that personal to me could actually be related to someone else's experience.

Saibal Barman said...

It's indeed very passionate personal wishes conveyed through a brilliant poetic composition.
One feels the waves between lines.
Regards,

AldyWaldy said...

Hayaah..THIS IS SPLENDID! This has to be one of your best ones! I love the lines, the way your lines flow into each other so magically, the strong emotions..all make for such a wonderful composition! :):)

Tarang Sinha said...

An excellent expression of thoughts and feelings in beautiful words, indeed!

Hayaah said...

Thanx dear Saibal Sir, your feeling the waves between the lines means a lot to me, for its indicative of my emotions coming across perfectly in this piece! Glad you stopped by for a read and leaving your footprints behind!

Minstrel ... Wow... thanx so much for your enthused appreciation.

Tarang... Welcome to my blog... Lovely to have a new reader who actually leaves feedback too. Thank you so much, u are indeed much too kind...

:) Thank you everyone!